E-mail | LinkedIn | Twitter
Columbia College Chicago :: Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Radio - Projected: Fall 2012
- Specialized courses included Writing for Radio, Production I and II, Sportscasting, Radio Documentary, Music Radio Broadcasting, Talk Radio, Programming, Marketing and Promotions, and Covering Elections.
University of Illinois Chicago :: Chicago, IL
Play-by-Play Announcer - Nov. 2012 - Present
- Announce UIC Flames basketball games.
720 WGN :: Chicago, IL
Producer - Aug. 2012 - Present
- Produce WGN Sports Night and other station programming.
- Produce Blackhawks/Cubs game highlights and postgame shows from the studio.
- Write daily sportscasts for air.
- Collect, edit and log audio from pre/postgame interviews and press conferences.
- Hired on after sports internship ended.
Metro Networks (Westwood One) :: Chicago, IL
Intern - May 2012 - Aug. 2012
- Cover visiting MLB teams at U.S. Cellular Field and Wrigley Field.
- Interview players and managers in clubhouse.
- Collect, edit and distribute audio to nationwide radio network.
High School Cube :: Chicago, IL
Play-by-Play Announcer - July 2012 - Present
- Announce Illinois high school football and basketball.
Illinois Swimming :: Des Plaines, IL
Play-by-Play Announcer - March 2012 - Present
- Announce the ISI Senior and Age Group Championships.
WCRX-FM :: Chicago, IL
Sports Director, Host, Play-by-Play Announcer - Sep. 2009 - July 2012
- Rebuild sports department (starting Fall ’11) from the ground up.
- Manage a team of 10+ people and oversee schedules, assignments and on-air content.
- Host and produce “Deep Dish Sports,” WCRX’s award-winning sports program.
- Call play-by-play for UIC Flames men’s and women’s basketball games.
Illinois Secretary of State :: Chicago, IL
Communications Staffer - June 2011 - Aug. 2011
- Student worker at the Secretary of State’s Chicago office for the summer.
- Frequent first-hand interaction with local and statewide media outlets.
- Write and edit departmental press releases, advisories and PSAs.
WLS-AM :: Chicago, IL
Intern, “The Roe Conn Show” - Sep. 2009 - Dec. 2009
- Work in control room under executive producer; high focus on guest booking.
- Screen all phone calls and prepare show stories and segments.
- Prepare and roll out the infamous Canarble Wagon.
Most Valuable Network, [LLC] :: Boston, MA
Staff Writer, Host, Producer - March 2007 - June 2009
- Write national college basketball column and manage MVN's Chicago related content.
- Host and produce live sports programming, construct rundowns and book guests across network.
WBBM-TV :: Chicago, IL
Intern, CBS 2 Morning News - June 2008 - Aug. 2008
- Work directly under executive producer in newsroom.
- Assist at remote broadcasts and all special events.
- Book guests, research stories and cut all show music.
Honors, Awards and Professional Affiliations:
- 2012 Communicator, “Deep Dish Sports,” Award of Distinction for Talent/Talk Show
- Columbia Senior Awards for Best Play-by-Play Report, Interview Reel + Talk Show
- Member, National Association of Broadcasters and Society of Professional Journalists
Writing, Hosting, Play-by-Play, Producing, Reporting, Editing, Social Media
Adobe Audition, Cool Edit, Control boards, Digidesign, ENCO Systems, Fission, JockTrax, Microsoft Office, NewsBoss, Olympus recorders, Photoshop, Pro Tools, 360 Shortcut, VoxPro
**References available upon request